Rebel Reading

Kia Ora and welcome to my reading blog post for this week. The reading we have been focusing on for the last three weeks are habitats and the goals were Make connections between other texts and general knowledge to expand meaning and pose questions, using more sophisticated texts, think while reading, pick up new information, and come up with new ideas and thinking, use ground rules to have a group discussion and use capital letters in titles. These were the goals that we were basing on for to check them off.

When we first started doing habitats for reading I only really knew what habitats were nearby Christchurch and I didn’t know exactly what they did for our planet but after a few reading sessions I got a better understanding of them. On the very first week we had to fill out a Monday must do which included a slide show which would ask us what we know about habitats and what questions you had about habitats.

Each week for week 3 4 and 5 we would have a weekly work wall to do in the work wall It would ask us to click on a link what was called kiwi kids News and we would have to search something either Habitats, national, world or sport and fill in a doc which would want us to fill in stuff what we learnt and on each article there would be questions you would answer too. Then this ran into the next week but we just had to do a quiz on kahoot and a Quizlet that our teacher made and for the last week of habitats we were just looking at the rena cargo ship.

The Rena cargo ship was a ship that was going somewhere and banged Into the coast of Tauranga over 20,000 sea birds got covered in oil which made most of them die because they had gotten covered in oil. This happened on the 7 of October 2011 and the oil ended at the beach and filled the whole beach with oil. There was an army who came to clean up the beach and get rid of the oil spilling.

After all these weeks I had gotten a way bigger understanding of what habitats are and what they do for the planet here are all of my creates that I have completed over the past few weeks I hope you enjoy looking at them and fun fact: Freshwater and lakes count as habitats, what have you learnt from this blog and from my creates?