Mathematical Math

Kia Ora and welcome to my math blog for this week. Today in week 3 term 1 we have been looking at fractions .The goal for today was to “Identify and make equivalent fractions and Compare and order fractions”.

The questions that we were looking at were based on chocolate bars, we had options between doing mild medium and spicy which means mild being the least hard medium being a little bit of a challenge and spicy being the hardest I choose to do medium which the questions were asking us to find the common denominator for each of the fractions. The fraction for the questions were 4/5, 2/6 , 7/10 ,2/3 and lastly 3/4. As one of our teachers is doing something with people she told us to get into a group of 3 to answer the fractions by making them common denominator which I choose to do this with Zoe.

What we had to do was to make a video by either using google drawing or slides and me and Zoe choose to do a Google drawing with all the information to finding common denominators for each of the fractions which we choose to use screen cast for the recording. Here is our video down below.

What have you learnt from this?